American Bin & Conveyor has designed hundreds of industrial conveyors for numerous material handling applications. Our design and manufacturing capabilities include, but are not limited to: Short meter belt Overland conveyors Truss frames, and many other types of systems. Due to our tremendous growth, we have an outstanding opportunity for a Conveyor Design Engineer in our Burlington, WI location.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Conveyor Design Engineer performs a variety of design activities including conveyor layout, design, calculation, detailed specifications for components, (head/tail pulleys, shafts, belts, drives, etc.), preparing 3D component models and associated 2D drawings, and preparing assembly/manufacturing drawings.
- Applies experience to design appropriate bulk material conveyors for aggregates, sand, mining, minerals, and other related industries.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting software (Autodesk Inventor) to develop designs and details.
- Uses appropriate design validation software such as Belt Analyst.
- Creates and revises production drawings (plan, detail and assembly drawings).
- Create detailed drawings including dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts of the structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Communicates with customers, vendors, field engineers, and manufacturers regarding project related work.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Required experience: Mechanical Design: 5-10 years
- Experience with conveyors, material handling equipment, or material processing equipment, particularly in the mining or mineral processing industries required.
- Bachelor's degree or completion of a technical school in mining, plus at least five years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Highly skilled in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn new processes and applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Professional Engineer license a plus.
ABOUT American Bin & Conveyor
- A great place to work with a workforce that is committed to excellence.
- Casual culture with a prominent focus on adding value for the customer while eliminating waste.
- Open-minded atmosphere where new ideas are welcome.
It is the policy of ABC to provide Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, citizenship, or veteran status. Further, it is the policy of the Company to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.