- Directly supervise engineering department, engineers, draftsmen and support staff to ensure the team is operating at the highest high level of performance
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Engineering team. Assigns workload making best use of the team members’ capacity and skillsets
- Provides phased estimates of all engineering work in process.
- Manages all engineering projects and resolves engineering problems.
- Provides and coordinates engineering department design expertise in response to sales order specifications.
- Responsible for providing engineering quotes, pricing, and design based on customer specifications.
- Perform capacity planning and provide solutions to meet continued growth.
- Establishes objectives, set department goals, schedules and priorities, and reviews staff.
- Establishes standards for output and quality for the engineering team.
- Hires, trains and mentors other engineers and supporting staff
- Ensures continuous improvement in process, cost, quality, efficiency and production.
- Investigates, evaluates and determines appropriate tools, standards and processes for the engineering function
- Coordinates activities of department with other units or organizations
- Evaluate the results of engineering projects regularly and reports these results to the executive team
- Ensure exceptional quality of all deliverables, both internal and external
- Bachelor’s degree in structural or mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 15 years engineering experience with 5 years managing engineers and technical staff; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with conveyors, material handling equipment, or material processing equipment, particularly in the mining or mineral processing industries required.
- Strong leadership, deep practical engineering knowledge and a proven track record for timely project delivery.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Inventor software. Tekla, RISA, Prosteel software experience a plus.
- Proven experience in managing complex design projects
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships with employees and customers
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to think independently.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Some travel will be required
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them