This position reports to the President and requires direct contact with co-workers, subordinates, and peers.This position is responsible for working with potential and existing customers to develop engineering designs, prepare estimates and quotations, and manage the projects from start to finish on time and within budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for this position.These duties may not include all the work that may be assigned.
- Work with representatives and customers to prepare estimates and quotations and follow up on leads to secure orders.Develop customer relationships necessary to drive and increase sales.Set up orders consistent with customer purchase requirements.
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers necessary to secure competitive pricing on material and outside processing.
- Prepare job budgets and estimates; monitor and evaluate job performance throughout the project life cycle.Provide explanations of deviations in actual performance to projected performance for each job under management.
- Review and manage critical documents related to sales orders including complex purchase orders with varying terms and conditions.Work to minimize potential liabilities for the company by performing due diligence on the review of contract documentation, engineering drawings, and all other related communications with customers and their projects.Ensure that all engineering and order documentation is complete, accurate, and that all systems are updated to match the order requirements.
- Work with project schedules to ensure all lead times are met and deliverables are completed to meet critical customer shipment schedules.
- Negotiate favorable terms with customers and suppliers consistent with company requirements.
- Work with Engineering to ensure technical drawings are complete and submitted to customers within the time frames established.Ensure that approved drawings are released to production on time.
- Work with Operations to resolve engineering and/or manufacturing questions that arise for projects under management; escalate issues to the appropriate level of management for prompt resolution.
- Develop and implement cost control techniques to minimize unnecessary costs.
- Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials and production times.
- Work with customers to develop their design requirements for future projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Solid decision-making skills and ability to exercise good judgement.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the following mining equipment – Belt Conveyors, Crushing equipment, Bucket Elevators and associated components for such equipment.
- Prioritize and plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines, work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple departments and diverse personalities.
- Detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and other Microsoft Office programs along with other software such as E2, Fabsuite, AutoCAD and Adobe.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work-related experience
- Previous experience in bulk material handling systems a plus.
- Estimating: 5 years’ experience
Additional Responsibilities / Conditions
You must have a keen eye for detail and a proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally.Provide assistance to all levels of management in an accurate and timely fashion.You must have the ability to work independently on assigned tasks, as well as accept direction on given assignments.You need to consistently meet and exceed expectations and be able to handle critical and positive feedback professionally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment, lighting; office or open cubicle.Noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
- Some site visits are re quired, must have all approved personal protective equipment and meet customers safety requirements.
- Site visits can and will be outdoors as well as indoors.The customers operations maybe in process at the time of visits.These visits can require walking on soft and/or uneven ground, exposure to elements and dust, moving equipment and other hazards that you need to be aware of and proactive in protecting yourself and those in potentially dangerous environments.
- May require occasional overtime, weekend and/or evening work.
- Must be able to sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other business equipment.
- May occasionally require planning or scheduling meetings, presentations, or travel arrangements.