Plan, organize and lead production to ensure high-quality products are produced on-time and on-budget with an engaged, safe workforce
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the Production Department.
- Plan production schedule for multiple concurrent jobs, balancing customer schedules, personnel and equipment availability, and shifting demands.
- Assist in the development and lead the implementation of a growth plan to double production capacity through staffing increases, equipment addition, and improved production methods.
- Ensure quality, health, safety, and conduct standards are met.
- Continually update production methods and procedures to maximize productivity, quality, and safety.
- Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff; create and implement development plans and necessary interventions for improvement.
- Estimate production costs and set production budgets.
- Provide inputs on job and labor costs to estimating.
- Manage production budgets.
- Implement cost control programs.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments including procurement, engineering, contracted services, and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Engineering, or Industrial Technology preferred.
- At least five years of management experience in industrial manufacturing, capital equipment, metal fabrication, or similar.
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Strong experience and knowledge of metal fabrication techniques and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Experience or knowledge in implementing a formal quality program.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Experience with Lean and other process improvement methods.
- Knowledge of business, finance, and management principles.
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices.
- Solid computer skills (Shop Management Software (E2), Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to hold people and teams accountable for safety, quality, and productivity in a positive and respectful but firm manner.
- Highly ethical.
- Well organized planner.
- Good time management.
- Attention to detail.
- Decision-making ability.
- Communication and negotiation skills, written and verbal on all levels.
- Able to delegate.
- Team player.
- Conflict management skill.
- Adaptability - ability to think on your feet and react quickly.
- A 100% positive attitude at all times.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
This is a hands-on, team leadership role in a highly entrepreneurial environment.Flexibility, commitment to customer satisfaction, and the willingness to spend significant time on the production floor are critical to success.The right candidate will demonstrate the combination of intelligence, character, motivation, and consistent performance to advance further with the company.
Education and Experience
Ideal candidate will possess the following qualities
- American Bin and Conveyor, LLC, a subsidiary of Turnkey Processing Solutions LLC, is a fast-growing manufacturer of conveyors and systems for the mining, aggregate, and sand industries.
- A great place to work with an engaged and committed work force.
- Informal culture with strong emphasis on customer value – we work hard to do the things that add value to the customer and eliminate the rest.
- Open to new ideas.This is a great opportunity for the right individual to take charge of the department and have a significant impact on our growth.