This position reports to the Accounting Manager, and requires direct contact with co-workers, subordinates, and peers.The Purchasing agent is responsible for the acquisition of materials, supplies, and equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure fair price, quality, and timeliness.Prepares and maintains necessary purchasing documents, performs analysis of quotes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for this position.These duties may not include all the work that may be assigned.
- Communicate with appropriate departments to clarify reports, add needed information, or research and obtain appropriate supporting documentation for the purchase.
- Creates and monitors purchase orders, tracks for appropriate approvals, and receipt of goods.
- Order entry and purchasing related to aftermarket orders
- Assist Sales Dept with obtaining pricing for quotes
- Create Customer Orders.
- Handle FedEx quotes and shipments.
- Post Material and maintain spreadsheets.
- Assist in job costing of completed jobs.
- Data entry into Access and E2 Shop System a plus.
- Assist in creation of BOLs for shipping.
- Negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific schedule requirements.
- Follows up on delayed deliveries.
- Develops new supply sources as needed.
- Keeps record of requisitions received. Examines the description for accuracy, and completeness.
- Examines trade journals, directories, catalogues, and technical manuals.Becomes familiar with company products, price trends, and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of purchasing policies, processes, and procedures.
- General knowledge of Logistics procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Solid decision making skills and ability to exercise good judgement.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Prioritize and plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines; work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple departments and diverse personalities.
- Detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, Intermediate to Advanced in MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of E2 Shop System.
Additional Responsibilities / Conditions
You must have a keen eye for detail and a proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally.You are to ensure the management team get what they need, when they need it, and how they need it.At the same time, you will be able to provide assistance to all levels of staff in an accurate and timely fashion.You must have the ability to work independently on assigned tasks, as well as accept direction on given assignments.You need to consistently meet and exceed expectations and be able to handle critical and positive feedback professionally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment, lighting; office or open cubicle.Noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Must be able to sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other business equipment.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
To apply please use the following link: