SUMMARY This position will be responsible for fitting/welding in our production facility and performing various other duties.Must have organizational skills, be detail oriented and can work with guidance in a team environment.Will include occasional heavy lifting.Must be forklift certified or be able to obtain certification and able to operate an overhead crane. Must be able to perform tasks accurately and in a timely manner while maintaining all Company safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits.
- Uses measuring devices to ensure proper dimensions.
- Read blueprints and Drawings to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate Welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set up components for Welding according Prints.
- Weld pieces together to make the desired completed product according to documented print.
- Grind burrs and sharp edges, using hand grinders.
- Examine completed work pieces for defects such as deformed edges and marred surfaces.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- All other duties assigned by management.
Must perform all duties in accordance with all safety rules and procedures. Identify and report unsafe acts and unsafe conditions to management immediately. Correct unsafe conditions wherever possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General metal working abilities
- Basic mathematics with fractions and measurements down to 1/16th of an inch
- Ability to operate overhead crane – (will train)
- Ability to work as a team member and alone with little supervision
- Ability to adapt
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work Overtime as required
- Ability to inspect fabricated parts before welding
Education and/or Experience
- 3 Years Fitting Experience preferred.
- Experience laying out and measuring required.
- Experience working with and reading prints required.
- 3+ years mig welding experience.
- Ability to read a ruler down to the 16th of an inch.
- Ability to add and subtract whole numbers and fraction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIROMENT
- Capable of bending, twisting, squatting, kneeling, crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, working overhead, and standing for long periods of time while performing job tasks.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs.
First shift. Mon- Thurs 6am-4:30 pm. Occassional OT on Friday Mornings